- weight gain-sleeping fewer than 6 hours increases obesity risk by 30%! One study found that women who slept less than 5 hours a night ate an average of 329 more calories the next day.
- poor immunity-fewer than 7 hours of shut eye results in nearly 3 times the liklihood that you will catch a cold.
- brain fog-missing out on as few as 1 1/2 hours of sleep can reduce daytime alertness by up to 32%.
- lousy heart health-getting fewer than 6 hours of sleep over the long term increases your risk of developing or dying of heart disease by 48%.
- blood pressure problems-snoozing just 6 hours a night makes you 20% more likely to develop high blood pressure.
Seven hours seems to be the magic number of hours for a fully functioning human. If you fall short, these are some of the symptoms you may experience:
As a life long learner with a ferocious growth mind set, Kammi devotes a minimum of 30 minutes a day to reading. Join her as she passes on abridged versions of the topics she finds most interesting. Enhance your life by taking what you need and leaving what you don't!