Circle breathing is one simple way to relieve stress fast and fits will into any busy routine. When you are anxious, off center, or feel like you will explode if you don't have your Frappuccino, do a round of circle breathing for 5-10 breaths. Here's how:
- Inhale and stretch your arms over your head. Exhale, giving a sigh of relief as you lower your arms. Relax and keep your arms at your side for the rest of the exercise.
- Now imagine you are inhaling a stream of peaceful energy into a spot a few inches below your navel.
- Continue inhaling, imagining the energy travelling to the base of your spine, then up your back to the top of your head.
- Exhale and mentally follow the breath back down to the front of your body where you began. Your breath has now made a full circle.
- Do 5-10 circle breaths and you will find yourself much calmer and have a clearer mind.