- Ashtanga-is a gymnastic style developed by Pattabhi, a student of one of the original yoga masters.
- Bikram-hot yoga that more resembles boot camp than yoga.
- Hatha-the ancient classic.
- Iyengar-the modern classic.
- Kundalini-the heavy breathing style popularized by a Sikh mystic.
- Power-an aggressive form of Ashtanga.
- Vinyasa-a flowing style developed relatively late in life by a yogi and popularized by his student, Srivatsa Ramaswami.
Confused about the different styles of yoga? I have been practicing for many years and only recently discovered the difference between the several to choose from. Here is the readers digest version.
Leave a Reply.
As a life long learner with a ferocious growth mind set, Kammi devotes a minimum of 30 minutes a day to reading. Join her as she passes on abridged versions of the topics she finds most interesting. Enhance your life by taking what you need and leaving what you don't!