- Eat warm, sweet, lubricating foods cooked in olive oil or ghee. Both oils are easy-to digest.
- Use cumin, ginger, and turmeric in your cooking. They support digestion and boost immunity.
- Combat dryness by regularly massaging and moisturizing your skin. Arbonne has wonderfully blended hand lotions. The FC5 line is created using the whole cells of five different fruits and vegetables. Once you apply the lotion, the membranes of the cells burst, delivery the freshest of fresh nutrients to your skin. Arbonne also has a nice massage oil that smells divine!
- Treat yourself to an Ayurvedic massage. I know of no other therapy that can so quickly both fill you with energy and make you feel totally rested. An Abhyanga massage accomplishes this by boosting your circulation while simultaneously calming your nervous system, leaving you feeling nourished and balanced. Health In Harmony is now delivering treatments in Leduc, Alberta.
- Drink plenty of warm water. If you are of Pitta constitution, room temperature water is fine.
- Include plenty of cooked fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Take a warm bath or shower every winter morning. This is especially energizing because it opens the pores, assisting in the removal of toxins.
A Winter Welcome?
Yes, we are heading into winter! Thank you Captain Obvious! Our Western Winters are dry and cold, both qualities of Vata. Although a lot of people dread the winter months for the extra weight that they may gain, for those of us who are primarily Vata, winter can be an even more difficult time. However, to Ayurvedic healers, winter is seen as an excellent time to nourish the body and build immunity through wholesome food and a healthy routine. Below are some quick and easy tips taken from the book, "Essential Ayurveda: What is It and What it Can Do For You", by Shubhra Krishan.
1/12/2023 01:08:43 am
Thanks great blog.
Leave a Reply.
As a life long learner with a ferocious growth mind set, Kammi devotes a minimum of 30 minutes a day to reading. Join her as she passes on abridged versions of the topics she finds most interesting. Enhance your life by taking what you need and leaving what you don't!